Monday, October 29, 2012

HFC U10 - Fall Season Wrap-up

Parents & Players;

On behalf of all the coaches I would like thank you for an outstanding season.  We coach because we enjoy the game and even more we delight in seeing young players learn to enjoy the game as well.  This was a great season and we were delighted to see the teams progress from barely knowing where to be on the field in the first games to producing shutouts at the end of the season.

I would like to thank all the players for the great work they put into practices and games.  I know you all listened because I could see the results on the field.  I would like to thank all the parents for supporting the program and their players and getting them to the practices and games on time.  I hope everyone enjoyed the season as much as the coaches did.

I look forward to continuing the momentum and growth we have seen during the Fall season during Winter training starting January 8.  Experience has shown that Winter training makes a huge difference in players advancing their skills from year to year.  At just 1:15 per week of time invested, it is easy even for players involved in winter sports programs to include in their schedule.  Winter training has been shown to be the difference between starting next season 3 steps forward or 2 steps back.  As I believe all the players are looking to play soccer again, I strongly encourage everyone to sign-up for Winter training.

While it is a ways off, I hope to see everyone back for the Spring season as well, but for now thanks for a great Fall, enjoy some free weekends and have a Happy Halloween!

Coach Mark Smith
(c) 603-493-7179

No comments:

Post a Comment